About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

Happy New Years Eve!

I have no aspirations of experiencing a glamorous New Year's Eve celebration this year. I have a toddler, and I have  accepted my current reality. I will be in bed promptly at 9:00, with the covers pulled up to my chin and my head on a pillow. On the bright side, Hamlet and I will be wide awake at 4 AM, which is midnight in Alaska so in a way I will still be celebrating.

I continue to hate New Years and all of the revelry that it involves. New Years epitomizes not only the turning of the calendar but also reflecting on the accomplishments and failings of the past twelve months. In my opinion, there is no better way to squelch the remnants of the Christmas spirit than forced reflection.

This year I am going to avoid the montages of celebrities who have died during 2015. I'm going to walk away from the news stories streaming highlights (which seem to be nothing but senseless tragedies) from the past year.  Instead, I am going to play with Timmy and Robby as we try to enjoy the last few days of Christmas vacation.




No comments:

Post a Comment