About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Phantom Pain

Between my phantom pain and a waking up with a killer headache, today is not shaping up to be a good day. My leg was doing the jitterbug kick most of the night, keeping me awake with the movement and near constant stinging. I blame the cold heavy rains that pushed through our area for my pain, but knowing the culprit has done nothing to mask the problem. 

My headache can probably be attributed to fatigue and my clenching my jaw throughout the night.  I tried to remind myself to relax, but as the hours wore on it became more and more of a challenge. Needless to say, today is not shaping up to be a good day!

I'm hoping that my pain eases as the day progresses. At this moment, I hate being an amputee.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  There is nothing 'phantom' about the pain I'm feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment