About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Summer of Strep

When Robby walked into the living room yesterday morning at 5:30, I knew that something was wrong. Not only has he developed a propensity for sleeping longer (a trait I wish his brother would mimic) but he was also pale and sweaty. As soon as I saw him I knew that he had caught the strep throat that sent his younger brother to urgent care a few days earlier.

My Summer of Awesome could be renamed the Summer of Strep, because the boys have shared it monthly since school let out.  As soon as one finishes the antibiotics his brother is sick, and this cycle has repeated for months.  This is the third round of antibiotics for both, and since they are taking the "yummy pink medicine" at the same time, I'm hopeful that we will kick it out of our house for good.

In the meantime, I pulled out the sofa bed for Robby and set him up in the living room.  Timmy was intrigued by the bed and spent countless hours exploring underneath. The fact that he didn't realize that the newly discovered "cave" was nothing more than the same living room floor was adorable, and I appreciated the respite the novelty afforded me. 

Last night Robby's fever was so high, and his head was so painful, that Scott had to carry him from the living room to our bed. He started to shake from the fever, which solidified the decision to let him sleep with Scott for the night. He was restless until he vomited, afterwards he fell soundly to sleep. 

I'm hoping that Robby turns the corner and starts to feel better. I hate seeing him so sick! I want my Summer of Awesome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment