About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Busy Fun Day

Perhaps it was a release of adrenaline, or the reality moment of my Dad being gone, but yesterday I struggled to remain upbeat and happy. I played with my boys and tried to appear normal, but inside I felt like crying and hiding. Thankfully today I'm feeling better and ready to conquer the world, which is a good thing because we have an extremely busy schedule.

We are going to be headed to the farm first thing this morning to pick up our CSA box and to pick a peck of peaches. Robby will be disappointed but we don't have a lot of time to play on the structures or to fish, but we will have to leave rather quickly because Scott has an appointment at noon.  I think that we will quickly be forgiven for the quick farm excursion because as soon as Scott comes home from the dentist we're packing up and heading to the fair.

I can't help but think of my fair experience last year. I was in so much pain from the re-amputation and struggling with an ill fitting leg. Determined to try to have fun, I pushed Timmy in his stroller with one hand while using a crutch in the other.  I remember Robby and Scott having a blast while I was struggling to just get through the day. 
  
It has certainly been a difficult road, but I am now fully recovered and healthy. This year I won't have a problem walking through the fairgrounds or wrangling Timmy.  I am looking forward to an afternoon and evening of watching the boys spin around on rides, of hearing them laugh and seeing their smiles. Although he is too young to participate, I suspect that Timmy is going to thoroughly enjoy being in the middle of all of the action. I can't wait to see his reaction to the fair sights, smells and sounds. (It isn't the boardwalk, but it is close!)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment