About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

100K

Yesterday morning around 10 AM, our petition met the minimum required to receive a Presidential response.  In just 17 days we received 100,000 signatures, a feat that still fills me with pride for the community.  The petition was only the first step in what is sure to be a long battle, but I plan on thoroughly enjoying this moment because it was a hard earned victory.

When I realized that we had broken the 100,000 mark, I was so excited I almost cried.  Robby and Timmy broke into a happy dance to celebrate.  (Timmy had no idea why he was dancing but was happy to mimic his brother's excitement.)  After celebrating with my boys, I began to make calls to spread the news.

After talking with Scott and my Mom, my fingers began to dial another familiar number. It wasn't until the phone connected that I realized my mistake. I quickly hung up the phone, remembering that I will never hear my Dad's voice on the other end.  My tears of joy quickly morphed to those of grief.
I tried to push the grief to the side so that I could concentrate on the milestone that was achieved. 

Scott came home and we went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate. Although my mood was slightly tempered by my grief over my Dad, I was able to enjoy the moment.  We did something amazing and I didn't want to lose sight of that accomplishment. In my heart, I know that my Dad wouldn't want me to mar this moment with tears.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment