About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Worn Out

Hello from Tucson!

After my 22 hour day of travel and work, I am exhausted.  I woke up at 2 AM to make my painfully early flight, and didn't fall into bed until well after midnight. I began working to stuff conference bags almost as soon as I arrived at the hotel.  Obviously the task was not difficult, but it was tedious and tiring. 

After the last bag was stuffed, more than anything I wanted to just climb into bed, pull the covers over my head and fall asleep. But my plans had to wait because I was committed to attending the staff dinner. The dinner was enjoyable, but to be honest it was a bit of a blur.

Today I am attending the peer visitor certification course. I figured that I have been doing peer visits for a decade, so perhaps it is time to become officially certified. I am eager to compare the "certified" approach against what I have been doing on instinct. 

Hopefully today will not be nearly as long, and I'll be able to carve out some time to actually enjoy the resort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment