About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Teamwork

Everybody is finally reunited under the same roof, and it feels wonderful to be together and to be home. I had a fantastic (albeit busy and hectic) time at conference, and it was difficult to say goodbye both to the beautiful location and to my dear friends. However, all good things must come to an end, and I was ready to come home. At my core, I am a homebody.

After a long day of traveling on Sunday, yesterday was spent doing nothing of consequence. I picked up a little bit around the house, but primarily just relaxed and enjoyed playing with the boys. I was away from Timmy for a week, but it felt like he grew up significantly. He is quicker and seemingly more mischievous than he was when I left for Arizona. I was content just to spend the afternoon playing with him.

Although I know he had a great time with his Nana, Timmy seemed delighted to return home. He was all action and giggles when he returned. He was excited to show me his new trick (walking backwards) and spent hours rediscovering all of his toys. Robby was happy to be home, but his reactions were a bit more tempered. He was content to quietly play his XBox and relax with cartoons.

Today we will settle back into our routines, which means that I will be busy. It is amazing how things pile up after just a few days away! Thankfully Scott is home from school and will be able to help with the laundry, eliminating one looming item from my to do list. Hopefully, working together, we can finish everything in time to visit the pool before it closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment