About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Interview Plan

Yesterday afternoon, almost as soon as I arrived at my Mom's house, I had to pass off Timmy so that I could take a phone call. While I felt guilty handing over my little troublemaker so quickly, I wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity that had arisen. I was being interviewed by a reporter for the Washington Post, and I wanted to make sure that I portrayed the community to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, the requirement for my achieving "the best of my ability" usually means passing off the reins to my children for the duration.

Luckily Timmy was happy to see his Nana and was content to entertain her while I was on the phone. I expected a 10-15 minute interview. It turns out that the reporter's "few quick questions" coupled with my desire to raise awareness about insurance fairness forged quite a lengthy conversation. We were on the phone for over an hour!

The original subject of the interview was phantom limb pain. While I did answer quite a few questions about the topic, I was happy that I was able to divert the conversation on more than one occasion. I know that the reporter took note of the other issues, and I am hopeful that they will be addressed in her article. Even if they are not featured in this piece, I know that I planted the seed for another story.  Hopefully my plan will come to fruition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment