About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Antibiotics- Again

Yesterday started as I anticipated, with my tackling the enormous mountain of laundry sitting next to our suitcase. By the time the boys woke up I had two loads washed, dried and folded and the pile was beginning to appear surmountable. Have I mentioned how much I detest doing laundry?

After everybody had breakfast, we headed to the farm to pick up our CSA box and to pick blueberries.  Robby was so happy in the car, chatting and singing songs to his brother. He quieted by the time we arrived, and halfway through the blueberry field he complained of a headache. 

He was white as a ghost, clammy and obviously not feeling well. We abandoned our picking and headed home. I gave him some Tylenol and tucked him into our bed so that he could rest and watch cartoons.

I checked on him an hour later and was alarmed that his temperature was over 103 degrees. Without pausing, I asked Scott to watch Timmy and we headed to the doctor.  It turns out that my little Koopa has ear infections.  I know he'll feel better in a day or two, but in the meantime our home has been transformed to the house of pestilence with both boys on antibiotics.

Hopefully everybody will feel better soon, because we have some fun adventures scheduled for the Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment