About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Off to Grandma's.

We're packed up and ready for our annual pilgrimage to Ohio to visit Scott's family. While we are excited about seeing and visiting most of his family, the whole idea of this trip has left me overwhelmed with anxiety. In addition to being forced to face situations that I would prefer to avoid, I am worried about traveling with Timmy.

Hamlet does well traveling, in a car, for about 2 hour stretches. After that time he always breaks down and screams until he is released and allowed to run and play. By the time we finally arrive at my mother-in-law's home we would have been traveling for six hours. I'm hoping that the time at the airport will satisfy his desire to move, but I'm not convinced.

Once we arrive at her house, I am worried that a whole new bundle of issues will arise. Proudly displaying a lifetime of trinkets throughout her home, it is anything but baby proof. I am going to have to remain on my toes throughout the visit to spare not only her possessions but to also protect Timmy. Needless to say, I am anticipating much time to relax.

Wish us luck as we maneuver the airports and the highways today!

(I would be remiss if I didn't thank my sister for coming down to house sit. I know that her kids are going to have a great time splashing in the stream and ziplining in the yard. I have left a bag full of s'mores supplies on the counter, and an abundance of wood for the fire pit. I think that they are going to have fun hanging out here for a few days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment