About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Thanks Nana~

I am feeling better. Not great, but definitely not as bad as I was on Monday and Tuesday. The fact that I can now get out of bed and walk in a straight line without labored breathing is going to be a benefit as I take care of my family, all of whom are now sick.

Although everybody is sick, it seems that every member of my family wanted to put their own unique spin on their illness. Scott has a severe cold.  Robby has a fever and is vomiting.  Timmy, apparently unable to decide between following his big brother or his Daddy, is now vomiting with a cold. 

My Mom has been an absolute godsend, but I know that she has to go home today.  I honestly don't know how we would have trudged through the past few days without her. I am worried that we have exposed her to the pestilence and that she will take a weird mutation of all of these illnesses back home with her.  (Fingers crossed that Nana doesn't get sick!)  Despite the sleepless nights, being covered with vomit and listening to complaints from every person in his house about how he or she is feeling, my Mom never wavered in offering to help. 

I'm feeling 70% recovered, which is hopefully enough to take care of this sick brood.  Wish me luck today!

No comments:

Post a Comment