About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 09, 2015

Where I Should Be

Hello from Texas! 

While I miss my boys, right now I am exactly where I need to be. I am writing this blog sitting next to my Dad, who is in good spirits and happy for my visit. I am so thankful that i am able to come down to spend this time with him. 

Although the purpose for the visit is definitely high stress, my travel experience was unusually easy. I sailed through security without a hitch and was at my gate before Scott even got on the highway to return home. I took full advantage of my "disability" by accepting the pre-boarding opportunity. Not having to stand in the cattle call and scramble for a seat was a perk I was happy to accept. After I arrived in Austin, I hopped into the rental car and drove to my Dad's house. To my delight, the entire trip was seamless!

Although Robby says he misses me, I know that he probably doesn't, at least not yet. He and his Daddy have the week mapped out, with trips to Sheetz for man food on tap for more than one dinner. The two are probably happily playing video games and searching the internet for game cheats. Timmy is with my Mom, fully reveling in the attention of his Nana, Aunt and cousins. I have no doubt that he is both well-loved and highly stimulated. Who knows, maybe this will jump start a proper sleep pattern for little Hamlet.

Today will be spent sitting, talking, reminiscing or anything else my Dad wants to do. I am at his disposal, and I'm just happy for this time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment